“Striving to turn advanced driving from an art into a science”
Leigh is a former Police officer, joining in 1996 as Special Constable, before serving a full-time in 999 response and roads policing across South Worcestershire leaving the Police in 2010.
SC/CTC cleared since 1996 and like all ADI’s holds an Enhanced CRB/DBS Certificate.
He has also worked as a freelance Ambulance Response trainer, a RoSPA Senior Tutor with the West Midlands Group and Worcestershire Advanced Motorists IAM Group, as well as helping to run the Worcestershire Advanced Motorists 18-25 Scheme, and is also a trainer with the Admiral/VW Under 17 off-road scheme.
In addition to Police and Ambulance experience, graded by the DVSA as a Grade A Instructor, he holds every recognised civilian advanced driving qualification, from the 3 organisations running the tests, (RoSPA, IAM and the DIA), as well as the related trainer qualifications, and ‘Train the Trainer’ qualifications.
He currently also works as a DIA Examiner, and is a member of the Governing Committee of the ADI National Joint Council.
Leigh trains drivers at all levels, in Worcester, Evesham, Redditch and the surrounding area.
- RoSPA National Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction (Cars) – Distinction
- ADI – Grade A – DVSA Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Driving Instruction
- Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) Masters Mentor
- IAM Fleet Trainer
- IAM Masters (Distinction)
- IAM Group Masters Trainer
- IAM Deputy Chief Observer
- IAM Local Observer Assessor
- IAM National Observer
- IAM Local Observer
- IAM F1RST
- Driving Instructors Association (DIA) Diamond Examiner
- DIA Diamond Advanced Trainer
- DIA Member of the Month June 2017
- Diamond Advanced
- Diamond Elite/Special (Zero Faults)
- RoSPA Approved Tutor
- RoSPA Advanced Tutor (as Diploma holder)
- Senior Tutor – RoSPA West Midlands Group
- RoSPA Gold (Cars)
- Committee Member – RoSPA West Midlands Group
- Committee Member – Worcestershire Group of Advanced Motorists
- Member of the Governing Committee of the ADI National Joint Council
- Member of the Motor Schools Association
- Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists
- Member of the Driving Instructors Association
- Member of WADDI
- Level 3 First Aid Certificate.